Thursday, August 6, 2009

Boys Live Here

So there are many evidences that my house is full of nothing but boys, tons of laundry, no stuffed animals, messes left everywhere, etc. But the thing that proves it the most, and is the most annoying, is LEGOS EVERYWHERE!!! I can't go in any room in my house without finding Legos. They are supposed to be kept downstairs in the toy room in this handy little tote, but I find them... on the carpet (stepping on these hurts like no other!)
on the kitchen table
on the kitchen counter
and even on the couch
Not to mention the bathrooms, the book cases, the computer room, the backyard, on the piano, and everywhere else you can think of. My boys actually build some really cool things with them though, and they can stay entertained with them for hours. But I really am sick of picking them up from everywhere. One day, when my boys are grown and gone, I might miss the Lego evidence, but right now, it drives me CRAZY!

8 comments:

Laurie D. said...

Oh, I so heartily agree with this post! In fact, I was thinking I needed to vent my frustration over the whole Lego issue on my own blog sometime. My kids have beheaded all of their Lego people, so I keep finding Lego heads all over the place. It's gotten to the point where I've started throwing stray Legos away when I find them. I don't think my kids will miss a few.

Emily said...

Oh my, this is me life with just one boy too! I can't imagine 4! Owen's bedroom floor is covered with them and yes I have stepped on them and been awfully tempted to cuss many, many times. And I just don't want to clean them up, I clean enough things already, and apparently niether does Owen! I'm gulity of periodically throwing them away too, shh!

Meredith said...

Does it count as throwing them away if the vacuum sucks them up? I do that "accidentally" all the time.

DottieLou said...

yes you will miss them... ... much better than stinky teenage boy feet and shoes... enjoy

Stephanie said...

When one of your boys is a world famous architect-and he credits his success to his childhood days of playing with and building with and creating with LEGOS, you'll be glad he had those thousands of Legos that you picked up a million times!

Steve & Brenda said...

Legos everywhere heh? Well, just be glad they don't play exclusively with thumbtacks. Good luck with that Mere!

Kari said...

LOL....wow you do have a lot of legos at your house.

Pat Harker said...

Hey, I find them at my house too. All over. Your boys play with the boxes of legos that my boys played with years ago. I think that is great. Just watch where you step if you're barefoot! Your little guys build amazing things, too.