Wednesday, August 26, 2009

Growing Up

2 Months Old
Miles turned two months old on the 25th. It has been a blur and has gone by so fast. He is an absolute angel baby. He is now sleeping through the night too. I put him to bed between 9 and 10 and he sleeps until 7:00. Perfect! He has such a laid back disposition and hardly ever fusses, especially when he is being held. He loves his binki too. I've carted him around everywhere all summer, so he has already been a lot of places. He does spit up a lot though, which is the only "flaw" in my little guy. We go through a lot of bibs and outfits in one day. Having Miles in our family has been an amazing blessing. It just feels like all is right in the world ya know? He was definitely meant to be a Harker and I love having ALL my boys here. Having four children hasn't been too much of an adjustment. There is just more laundry, more messes, and the van is more crowded, but other than that, he has just fit right in and life has been good. I love being a mom!
First Day of School
Mitchel started 3rd Grade this week. Am I seriously old enough to have a third grader?! So far, so good. He likes his teacher and is excited for the things he is going to learn this year. I was really nervous about sending him back to school, mostly because he has a hard time making friends. I am hoping he'll find some little buddy who will love him how he is and play with him at recess. But, he has come home the last two days really happy and excited, so I hope that continues. I'm not working over at the school this year because of all the budget cuts, so I will try to go and volunteer as much as possible.

Mitchel's teacher, Ms. Deardorff
Women's Only 5K
My workout buddy, Sherri, and I ran a 5K this past Saturday at Sugarhouse Park. It went well and I was pleased with my time. It took me 30:01 minutes. Out of 740 racers, I was #121 so not too shabby. I don't know if I want to keep running. It's been a lot harder getting back into it after having Miles. I like the races, but I hate the training. I really miss my kickboxing classes that I took at the gym. Maybe I'll go back to doing more of those and less running. (This is an after the race photo. I look dead!)

4 comments:

Steve & Brenda said...

Mitchel looks happy with the new "teach." Hope he and Max have a fun year, and you don't mind volunteering this time around.

Stephanie said...

I love Mitchel's smile with his new teacher! I sure hope the school year is a happy one for Mitchel - and Mom!
I don't know how you do all you do and still have the energy to run in the mornings! I am so proud of you, Mere.
MOM

Stephanie said...

P.S. Happy 2 months, Miles! I love you, little cupcake!
Grandma M.

hendricks14 said...

Way to go Meredith! I cannot believe you just had a baby two months ago. Miles is adorable! Enjoy each moment of his tininess he will be a year before you know it!