Wednesday, August 12, 2009

Cherry Hill Observation

We spent a wonderful summer day at the Cherry Hill Water park. It is perfect for the age of my kids. We went with Aunt Fabulous Tracy and left Miles with Grandma Harker for the day. We love the lazy river, the water slides, and just being able to have no worries for a few hours. But while we were there, my sister and I had an interesting observation. Why is it okay for us to wear next to nothing at a swimming pool, when we wouldn't be caught dead wearing something resembling a swimming suit anywhere else? I don't even go in my backyard wearing a swimming suit for fear that my neighbors would see me. And I sure wouldn't walk around anywhere there were a ton of people, only wearing a little piece of material covering hardly anything. Yet at a pool or water park, it is socially acceptable to do so. That is so weird!



4 comments:

Tracy said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Tracy said...

Sorry - spelling error. That would be embarassing to leave in a post. All fixed now:

Love the summer fun. Love the Cherry Hill. Let's go get a pedi now...

Emily said...

So fun!
I totally agree with your keen observation, it is strange and I'm glad I only have to wear one once in a great, great while, especially in Alaska!
Can I please come and get a pedi with you and Tracy?!?!

DottieLou said...

funny that you should memtion that. It was at Cherry Hills (before I met Randy) that I told my sister that my next husband would have to have boobs smaller than mine..