Friday, August 14, 2009

California Vacation? Nope!

Does this picture just look like summer or what?! We spent an awesome day at the "Beach" that Herriman and Riverton City just built. We went with some of my old friends from High School and their kids. Seriously one of the best summer days ever! Us mom's just sat and talked while our kids...
dug in the sand making trenches...
swam in the freezing cold water
and had a blast pretending that we were on our own little beach vacation.
It was a little windy, and the sand a little rocky, but for not even leaving the Salt Lake Valley, I could have sworn I was on a beach in California, if only for a few hours.

4 comments:

Stephanie said...

How much FUN was THAT?! Who knew you could go to the BEACH without leaving the valley? Glad you found a new place to celebrate the closing days of summer - and to spend the day with friends-who could ask for more?

Pat Harker said...

How fun!!! Kristi and Rhett had told us about that beach, but Grandpa and I haven't checked it out yet. Looks like a great place to go. I think that we'll take all the grandkids next summer for fun on the beach. I've loved reading about all your excursions this summer. You've done such fun things. What great memories for your boys. Love ya all.

Nate and Kristin said...

That looks so much fun! The beach was one thing I always missed when coming home from vacations in California and Hawaii. Now you can stay in Utah and pretend you are there! SO neat~

Emily Gray Clawson said...

I had no idea this was even there! I'll have to take the kids and go try it out. Thanks for the tip! As for sending the kids back to school, you know there is always another option! LOL.