Saturday, August 1, 2009

On the road again...

So I am so proud of myself! I ran my first race today since the half marathon I did back in November. Now, it was only a 5K today, but still, I only had Miles 5 weeks ago so I think that's pretty good. I ran it with my sister who works for IHC healthcare. They sponsored a free 5K at Surgarhouse park and so we decided to do it. I was a little nervous since I haven't run for a while, but it turned out I'm not in as bad of shape as I thought. I ran it in about 39 minutes, which gives me about a 13 minute mile. Not my fastest time ever, but not too bad. It made me remember how much fun running is and that I have missed doing it. I am excited to start running again with some of my neighborhood friends hopefully next week. Yeah for me!!! (And Sis, you did a great job too!)

2 comments:

Stephanie said...

YEAH for you, indeed!! Keep at it and you'll always feel good about yourself. I'm proud of you!
MOM

DottieLou said...

yeah for you ... we did the fire water and ice 5k and Ill have to say it ....... well not a nice word.. time consistant with my other times...but the course was terrible.. taking time off racing -- not running just racing until November the heading to Mesquite for a 10k