Monday, August 24, 2009

A great "Mommy Moment"

I have to write down this little story before I forget. On Friday, our last "official" day of summer, Tracy and I took the kids to Murray pool for one more day of swimming. Mitchel does a great job of jumping off the diving board and Max is dying to try it as well, but I just don't think he is ready. We didn't do swimming lessons this year and I don't think Max could jump, then swim back to the side just yet. So I suggested that we go practice in some deeper water where I could be there to help him if he needed. We went over to the 5 feet, and when Max realized he couldn't touch, he got a little nervous. He climbed out on the side and stood there and I told him to jump. He got this really sweet look on his face and said, "Mom, give me a second." Then he took a few steps back and kind of hid behind the life guard tower. I watched him fold his arms, bow his head, and offer a little prayer. He quickly asked Heavenly Father to help him not be scared. When he finished, he came back and jumped right in. It was one of those "mommy moments" when you feel like your heart is just going to bust right out of your chest! I was so proud of him that he knew he could pray to Heavenly Father to give him courage. I love that even at this young age, he has faith that his prayer will be answered and Heavenly Father will help him. It was awesome. I hope as he grows that he will continue to pray any time and any place that he needs to and that his testimony of prayer will continue to grow. I'm so proud of you Max!

Thanks Aunt Tracy for coming with us and letting us enjoy this last day of summer fun. We couldn't have gone without you and we love spending time with you. We hope you had fun too!

5 comments:

Jenna Lee said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Jenna Lee said...

You don't know me but I wanted to leave a post. That is so Awesome. I hope that when I have kids that I can teach them like you have tought your kids.

DottieLou said...

sweet

Stephanie said...

I love you,too, Max. You really are like sunshine!

Steve & Brenda said...

Your stories always give me a lump in my throat, and this one was no different. You are a great Mom Meredith and these stories show me why. Your boys are going to change the world somehow, I just know it.
I'm glad you got one last summer swim in before school.