Thursday, August 20, 2009

Some last Summer Blasts!

How could this summer have gone so fast? I have LOVED having my boys home to just go and play when ever and where ever we wanted. Even though we weren't able to go on any trips or camping, I think we put as much local fun into our summer as we could. This past Tuesday, we ventured down to Thanksgiving Point to walk around the children's gardens. I haven't been there since before we had children and forgot how cool it is. They had plenty of things for the kids to play and explore with and the gardens of flowers were beautiful. This is a Noah's Arc that shoots water everywhere. Wednesday we went to the beach in the Daybreak community. What a BLAST! We went with some friends from our ward who have boys the same age as mine. My friend and I sat under a shade tent with Miles while the rest of our kids dug and swam and played. A perfect way to spend one last summer day!



Last night I went to bed bawling thinking of sending Mitchel, and now Max, back to school. I know that it is time to go, and I know school is a great place (for heavens sake, I AM a TEACHER!) but it is so much different when you are sending your own kids out to have someone else care for them. I worry so much about them having friends and fitting in and having a teacher who likes them (or at least pretends to). I just want them to love school as much as I did growing up. I want it to be a place where they enjoy going and don't dread it every morning. I know it will all be okay, but I think starting school is harder for me then it is for them. I guess we'll see how it all goes on Monday.

3 comments:

Emily said...

End of summer is a sad, sad time!
I totally feel your pain sending them back to school, for me it's sending Owen out into the "world"...not knowing who he's going to come in contact with, what they're going to tell him about and so on. I'm a bit of a control freak I guess!

Stephanie said...

Another school year starting - and so many emotions! Excitment, fear, worry, joy - it's all part of being a MOM...and a KID! The circle of life just keeps turning, doesn't it?

Steve & Brenda said...

Don't fret little sister, summer will be back soon with all its enjoyable times. Here comes school time fun, fall, Christmas, etc. in the meantime...just enjoy the ride! The boys will be fine and you will be also. Love ya!